Is there anything worse than waking up a few days before a big event to find, yet another, back acne breakout? We’ve all had that one “bacne” breakout that has maybe made you rethink that gorgeous strapless dress, had you trying body makeup, or had you rethinking what you’re wearing to go swimming.
Naturally, you want a bacne treatment that’s going to give you the support you need to stay on top of things. That’s precisely what you get when using products like PanOxyl Acne Foaming Wash that, when used regularly, can turn the tide back in your favor. Using this product as recommended can give you skin that you’ll absolutely want to show off at that next big event you’ve got coming up.
Someone who has experience using PanOxyl acne products is beauty and lifestyle influencer, Kim Nuzzolo. She has coped with persistent bacne breakouts throughout her life, some of which occur at the worst possible moments…
“I’ll never forget that back acne nearly ruined my wedding day!”
View this post on Instagram
“For as long as I can remember, I’ve always struggled with hormonal back acne or “bac-ne” and I’ll never forget my wedding day. I bought a body foundation to cover up my bacne scarring & it ended up being a pink-toned color. It totally didn’t match my skin tone and I was so self-conscious that day.
I also remember the photographer trying to cover up my back with my hair – safe to say I was mortified! Summer is coming up and I want to make sure I am treating my back acne. Just knowing that I am taking care of my skin helps me feel confident in my cute swimsuits!
I started using the Panoxyl Acne Foaming Wash with 10% Benzoyl Peroxide! It is the highest concentration of benzoyl peroxide that you can get over the counter! I have always struggled with “Back-ne” and I am seeing a difference with the Foaming Wash!
It clears blemishes and prevents new ones from forming by killing acne-causing bacteria! It also contains humectants and emollients to combat dryness, so it doesn’t leave me feeling dry and patchy!”
So, What Exactly Is Back Acne & What Causes It?
When trying to figure out how to get rid of acne fast, it first pays to understand what causes it. Whether you’re talking about bacne or those pesky breakouts that appear on your face, the cause is essentially the same. Although fluctuations in hormones can affect things at certain points of the month, so can your genetics and the weather outside.
One of the main issues that lead to acne flaring up on your back is too much oil on your skin (a.k.a. sebum), which builds up over time along with dead skin cells. This accumulation usually ends up clogging your pores and making the problem worse, creating the perfect conditions for acne-causing bacteria. This then leads to an inflammatory response which takes the form of…yup…you guessed it, zits!
A Range of Factors Can Make Acne Worse
Whether your main concern is facial acne or back acne, the source remains the same. Bacteria live naturally on the surface of your skin, often rubbing off onto the clothes you wear. This means that if you have a habit of re-wearing your favorite hoodie, or do not wash your pillowcases as frequently as recommended, you may be asking for trouble.
Other factors that can add to the problem are:
- Stress – how much of it you’re experiencing
- Diet – as in, your skin will suffer if you’re living on pizza and candy!
- Friction – made worse by some fabrics as you wear them throughout the day
There’s little doubt that bacne treatment is a godsend for many who suffer with breakouts. In the next part of our blog, we’re going to be looking at the things you can do to complement your acne wash as part of your daily skincare routine.
Getting Rid of Bacne So It Never Returns
As we covered earlier, one of the main reasons why back acne occurs is due to the presence of bacteria and too much sebum. The first step to managing acne is eliminating these factors, and benzoyl peroxide is a fantastic way to do exactly that. PanOxyl Acne Foaming Wash is the number one, best-selling acne product in the US*. It’s also a top dermatologist pick to remedy the problem in a way that prevents its dreaded return.
Putting off acne treatment can lead to scarring, which is much harder & more expensive to treat.
View this post on Instagram
With its ability to eliminate the excess oil and kill acne-causing bacteria almost instantly, it only needs to be massaged into the skin for 1-2 minutes then rinsed off to be effective. As the AAD tells us, using this approach helps the active ingredient penetrate the skin more deeply, which is required for the back, as the skin is much thicker. The AAD also says that you shouldn’t put off treatment, as it can lead to scarring, which is much harder to treat.
Benzoyl Peroxide Can Lead to Bleached Clothes, So Watch Out!
When you are using these products, however, you will need to keep the acne body wash away from any clothes you don’t want to damage. Benzoyl peroxide is known to bleach towels, sheets, and clothes on contact. Applying PanOxyl Acne Foaming Wash can also be tricky to apply on your own when the breakout is in the middle of your back, but a lotion applicator can make application much easier.
To help stop bleaching, only use white towels and if you use a benzoyl peroxide wash before bed, you may want to use white sheets and a white pillowcase. Also, try using a benzoyl peroxide wash like PanOxyl Acne Foaming Wash in the shower so that you can rinse off fully before getting dressed.
Other Things You Can Do To Stop Back Acne
Bacne wash from PanOxyl’s benzoyl peroxide acne washes can be used as a bacne wash and are highly effective at getting rid of acne wherever it appears on the body. But there are also other things recommended by the American Academy of Dermatologists you can do to support your skin and prevent acne-friendly conditions from occurring. Let’s take a look at a few of them now…
- Always take a good shower after working out – whether you’re a track and field star at your college or someone who likes to stay in shape, you’re going to work up a sweat on a regular basis. When you do, it’s essential that you take a good shower to get rid of all that sweat and excess oil! If you don’t, you can expect blocked pores and yet another potential bacne breakout.
- Shower more regularly – for the same reasons, showering regularly is important if you want your acne treatment to be effective. If you don’t, dead skin, oil, and other dirt and grime can block your pores and cause breakouts.
- Don’t wear old workout clothes – putting worn and sweaty workout gear back on again without washing first causes dirt, bacteria, and dead skin to make its way back onto your body. Avoid at all costs!
- Avoid clothes that cause friction – rubbing is something that causes inflammation and it’s easily done simply through the act of wearing clothes. That said, if your clothes are more loose-fitting, you’re much less likely vulnerable to friction, particularly when moving around.
- Try not to wear a backpack – while it may be one of the easiest ways to carry your schoolbooks, a backpack when worn rubs in all the wrong places when talking about back acne. Going ‘hands-free’ is convenient, sure, but not when it means irritating your skin. Messenger bags go over the shoulder and offer a great alternative.
- Don’t try sun exposure as a remedy – there’s some popular ‘fake news’ out there that direct sunlight can help clear up your acne, but unprotected UV exposure can actually make it worse. If you’re headed outside in a tank top or swimsuit, use non-comedogenic sunscreen and stay protected while outdoors.
We’ll finish by giving you possibly the best bit of advice that will ensure your PanOxyl Acne Foaming wash works properly to stop those back zits from returning – don’t pick your spots under any circumstances! If you do pick, you may risk infection or scarring. We know it can be hard to resist a good pick or pop at night in particular, which is why PanOxyl Overnight Spot Patches are so useful. They soothe each spot, help it to heal faster, and can even be worn during the day if that’s your thing.
Follow These Tips & Kiss Back Acne Goodbye For Good!
At PanOxyl, we understand how much acne and back acne can knock your confidence, but as we’ve seen here, there’s no reason why a flare-up should stop you from going to the prom or on that hot date with your crush. Follow these dermatologist-recommended tips, and you’ll be on your way to getting what you’ve always wanted – clear, blemish-free skin.
That’s it from us for this time. We hope that you enjoy the benefits of PanOxyl Acne Foaming Wash and that reading our blog goes some way to allow you to say goodbye to acne forever.